Friday, January 4, 2008

Spring is in the Air

It's currently raining--hard, might I add. Not only is the rain pouring, but the wind is blowing, the thermometer keeps going down, and the heater is always on. I'd say I'm ready for Spring to be here, and the new collections for the aforementioned season aren't helping.

All of the collections were nice this year, as expected. Each had their usual characteristic flair, the designers holding their own in the world of couture. But some stood out more for me than others. I suppose it's all because of the style of certain collections that made me praise the designers even more. But to each her own, this post is highlighting two of my favorite Spring 2008 collections, which I considered to satisfy my appetite for fashion.
-------
Karen Walker
Her Ready-to-Wear Spring 2008 collection (above and right) was fabulous. I loved the pastel colors mixed with darker hues. The floral prints and and dainty blouses added girlish charm, while black tights and ankle boots added edge. Accessories consisted of leather belts and hats that resemled 1930s charm. Overall, the feminine feel was omnipresent, while the verile aspect made the collection unique and complete.

Luella
I've always been a fan of Luella Bartley's collections, and her Ready-to-Wear Spring 2008 (left) collection kept my devotion. Her famous mix of feminine chic and punk-rock edge was again present, this time mixed with the Geek Chic element. Floral printed blouses and skirts were paired with dark accessories, while plaids, bold patterns, and ruffles adorned other pieces. Large-framed glasses donned the faces of the models, which added just the right touch to a perfect collection.

No comments: